Obtain a UAE Golden Visa through a seamless application process
Get A Golden Visa Today
The UAE Golden Visa was launched in 2019 to attract and retain professionals, investors, entrepreneurs and outstanding students from all over the world. Our team will assist you and help you have a seamless application process for a golden visa, so you can fully enjoy its benefits, which include long-term residency in the UAE, 100% company ownership in the mainland, and the opportunity to live, work and study in the country.
The standard application processing time may take 2 to 4 weeks, subject to additional requirements.
Our Golden Visa Services
Our team will assess your profile and eligibility for the Golden Visa programme and walk you through the complete process and all the requirements involved.
We will assist you in collecting, preparing and submitting the required documents, such as the following:
- Copies of your passport, visa and EID card copy
- UAE labour contract
- Salary certificate/income confirmation letter
- Education certificate fully attested and legalised by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 6 months of personal bank statements
- Title deed, if you own property in the UAE
- Reference letter from your employer or a person of influence regarding your contribution to your industry or the UAE economy
- Copy of your CV or LinkedIn profile
- Published articles and write-ups about you, your business or your contribution to the UAE economy
Existing UAE residents on a non-Dubai visa
- AED 2 million fixed deposit for 2 years; non-breakable in a local bank; bank confirmation letter is required
- If the deposit is withdrawn/encashed, the visa will no longer be available
(risk of auto cancellation confirmed by immigration).
Existing UAE residents on a Dubai visa (company owners/investors)
- Bank statements showing approximately AED 2 to 3 million worth of movement/cash in bank accounts
- All corporate document copies (licence, share certificate, etc.
- If you hold the position of CEO, you must have been in this position for more than 3 years
- If you are a company executive, you must have been in this position for more than 5 years.
- Office lease or Ejari
- Audited financial statements
- Audit firm’s licence copy
Enjoy the premium benefits of the UAE Golden Visa. Initiate your golden visa application now with the expert assistance of our team.
|Success fee||AED 25,000.00|
|Disbursements (including visa fees, VIP medical test and EID card registration fees)||AED 7,500.00|
* A non-refundable pre-approval fee of AED 2,100 is required in advance. This is included in the success fee.
* All rates are inclusive of 5% VAT.
Golden Visa UAE: Everything You Need to Know
Imagine kickstarting the business of your dreams in a luxurious foreign city with yearlong sunshine and beautiful beaches.
Imagine if that foreign city didn’t make you pay tax.
Want to know the best part? You don’t have to imagine. That’s what’s on offer in the United Arab Emirates. The only catch is that to stay in the country long-term you’ll need a UAE Golden Visa.
What’s a Golden Visa in the UAE?
We’ve prepared this guide to answer all your questions about the United Arab Emirate’s prestigious Golden Visa program. Read on to find out how you could live the dream in reality.
What Is the Golden Visa in the UAE?
The United Arab Emirates’ unique Golden Visa program allows eligible individuals to stay in the country long-term. However, it also comes with a range of attractive privileges that most typical residence visas would not offer.
Launched in 2019, the famous Golden Visa program functioned as a bid to attract and retain foreign talent. The program also aimed to foster business development to boost the UAE’s economy.
By late 2021, 44,000 Dubai residents had secured long-term residency through the Golden Visa program. The program may also form part of the reason the UAE fared so well through the pandemic. The program has certainly bolstered the UAE’s global standing as an attractive place to live, work and kickstart new businesses.
The Golden Visa program specifically aims to attract budding entrepreneurs, investors and talented individuals in specific fields. Medical staff, engineers, researchers and even high achieving university students can be eligible for the program.
Golden Visa residencies are available for either five or ten years. In some situations, the visas can also be renewed automatically – a handy feature for those who struggle with the endless monotony of bureaucracy. Features like this prove that the UAE government wants to make the visa application process simple. Anyone who’s ever applied for a foreign visa will know how painful these processes can sometimes be.
Benefits of a UAE Golden Visa
As its name suggests, the Golden Visa program is the gold standard of long-term residence visas. The UAE government has worked hard to ensure the program has enough perks to attract the best of the best from around the globe. Although, the year-round sunshine, ultra-modern infrastructure and stunning beaches couldn’t hurt.
1) You Don’t Need a Local Sponsor
Golden Visa holders do not need to obtain a local sponsor to live, study and work in the UAE.
To those unfamiliar with common residency processes around the world, this may not sound like a big deal. However, those who are familiar will know how time-consuming and complex obtaining a local sponsor can be. This complexity is often compounded if you aren’t employed by a local company or you don’t know any nationals from the country in which you are trying to secure a residence visa.
Not needing a national sponsor to obtain a Golden Visa takes a large degree of complexity out of applying for residency in the UAE. All the more reason to apply!
2) You Can Own 100% of Your Business
Another major benefit of the Golden Visa Program is that visa holders can own 100% of a business operating out of the UAE.
This is a big deal.
Before the introduction of the Golden Visa program, foreigners seeking to start a business in the UAE needed to partner with an Emirati national, who will own a percentage of the company. There were exceptions for certain industries located in specific zones.
The Golden Visa program removes these logistical barriers for eligible foreign entrepreneurs, business owners and investors.
3) You Can Add Other People to Your Visa
If you secure a visa through the UAE’s Golden Visa program, you do not need to go through all the hassle of obtaining visas for your family members or key businesses associates. If you obtain a Golden Visa, you can add your family members to it. You can also add business partners or associates to the visa, subject to some specific conditions.
If you have a partner or kids travelling with you to the UAE, this particular feature of the Golden Visa program could save you a lot of paperwork. It could also prevent your family from being separated.
4) You Can Travel Freely to and from the UAE
Gold Visa holders can travel to and from the UAE as many times as they want. In this regard, having a Golden Visa is like being a UAE citizen. Visit friends and family back home or schedule as many overseas business meetings as you like. There are no limits – you’re free to go!
Am I Eligible for a UAE Golden Visa?
The UAE government recently expanded its eligibility criteria for the Golden Visa program, making it even more accessible to all kinds of people around the world.
However, it’s worth noting that the goal of the Golden Visa program is to foster business development. The UAE government is seeking people of a particular calibre to boost the economy and build a skilled workforce. As such, the criteria for the Golden Visa program is still highly specific.
If you do not fall into any of the specified categories or you cannot meet the specified conditions for your particular category, it’s unlikely your Golden Visa application will be approved.
The following are the major groups eligible to apply for residency in the UAE under the Golden Visa program:
- Investors, entrepreneurs and business owners
- Chief executive officers or managing directors
- Specialists, including scientists, researchers, PhD holders and data experts, and individuals from particular professions such as medical doctors and engineers
- High-achieving students and university graduates with a GPA score of 3.8 or more
Individuals applying for the Golden Visa under each of those categories will have to meet different conditions and criteria to be successful. The next section will discuss some of these requirements.
Applying for a Golden Visa in UAE
The Golden Visa application process will vary according to your profession and the category under which you are applying. We’ll discuss the specific requirements for each professional category in the next section. However, the basic steps you’ll need to follow to apply for a UAE Golden Visa are as follows:
- Identify the category under which you want to apply and prepare the application form and relevant documentation
- Submit the documentation to the Amer office and pay the relevant fees
- Wait for contact regarding whether your application has been successful or not, which can take up to 30 days
- If you are successful and have a current UAE visa, cancel it
- Submit your Golden Visa application and passport, after which your new visa will be inserted into your passport
Who Can Apply for a UAE Golden Visa?
How do you know if you can apply for a UAE Golden Visa? In this section, we’ll take a look at the various requirements individuals from each professional category will need to meet to obtain one.
While it may be stating the obvious, to be eligible for a Golden Visa under this category, you must own a business based in the UAE.
When applying for a Golden Visa, you will need to present the following documents in addition to your application:
- Personal bank statements accounting for at least three months
- Company bank statements accounting for at least three months
- A copy of your passport
- A copy of any previous visas
- A personal photo
- Your company’s trading license
- A financial audit report
- The license of your auditing firm and a certificate from the auditor
- A No Objection letter in Arabic from the Free Zone in which your business is registered
- Health insurance coverage for the applicant and their family members
There are two avenues foreign investors can take to gain a Golden Visa in the UAE. It’s worth noting, however, that strict conditions apply. Investors must also have health insurance coverage for themselves and their accompanying family members.
1) Public Sector Investor
Public sector investors can apply for either a five-year or ten-year residency. If you decide to take this route as a foreign investor, you must invest at least AED 10 million into the UAE’s public sector. This can be split between a UAE investment fund, a UAE business or local real estate.
However, it’s worth noting that real estate proportion cannot account for more than 40% of your UAE investments. Your other option is to start a company using the AED 10 million.
2) Real Estate Investor
Real estate investors can only apply for a five-year residency under the Golden Visa program. To be eligible, real estate investors must invest in property worth no less than AED 5 million. They must maintain the property for at least three years and the funds used to purchase the property cannot be loaned.
Entrepreneurs are categorised differently from investors and business owners under the Golden Visa program. If you apply for residency under this program as an entrepreneur, you must have the following:
- An existing project with a value of at least AED 500,000
- The approval of an accredited business incubator
- You must be approved as an official founder of the project
- Health insurance coverage for themselves and their accompanying family members
Chief Executives and Managing Directors
If you apply to the Golden Visa program as either a chief executive or managing director, you will need to have held that position for at least five years. Your salary must be no less than AED 30,000. You will also need to have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
When applying for the visa, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- A copy of your passport
- A photo of yourself
- A copy of your existing visa, if you have one
- A personal bank statement accounting for at least six months
- An employee contract with a salary that matches your bank statement records
- A certificate of qualification approved by the UAE Ministry of Education.
As mentioned, the term ‘specialist’ covers a range of professions. It includes everything from scientists and PhD holders, to medical doctors and engineers.
If you’re a professor, you must be from one of the top 500 universities approved by the Ministry of Education. Alternatively, you may be eligible if you have received an award or certificate of appreciation for your area of specialisation. If you are a scientist, you may be eligible if you have made a significant contribution to your field.
If you’re a PhD holder, you must have at least 20 years in your field of specialisation. Alternatively, you may be eligible for a Golden Visa if you are a specialist in a field that is significant to the UAE.
Similar to specialists, high achieving students must meet at least one of the following criteria to be eligible for a UAE Golden Visa:
- Have studied at one of the top 500 universities approved by the Ministry of Education
- Have obtained an award or certificate of excellence in their area of study
- Have a GPA of 3.8 or higher
Kickstart Your New Life With a Golden Visa in the UAE
Want to take advantage of the UAE’s yearlong sunshine, luxurious lifestyle and lucrative business opportunities? A Golden Visa in the UAE might just be your golden ticket!
If you think you might be eligible for a UAE Golden Visa, now is the time to make your move and begin exploring the idea. Get in touch with one of our company formation experts in Dubai. We’ll show you how easy it can be to obtain a Golden Visa and establish a business in the UAE with our Virtuzone process.